British Canoeing Personal Performance SUP Sheltered water Award
The British Canoeing Awarding Body ‘Stand Up Paddleboard’ Support Module is designed to assist anyone who wants to gain more knowledge about the specialist discipline of Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP).
The Module introduces and explains the basic techniques and develops an understanding of SUP. The course is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out.
Stand Up Paddleboard Sheltered water Award Overview
This Module is aimed at anyone who is interested in developing their SUP knowledge. There are no registration requirements before attending the course, although candidates need to be aged 14 or over.
To view the associated documents with this course, click here.
Course Content and Structure
By the end of this Module, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the worldwide development of the sport and the role of the various bodies on the field including British Canoeing Awarding Body, Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI), British Stand Up Paddleboard Association (BSUPA), Sport England and Adventure Activities Licencing Service (AALS)
- Understand equipment design, size and modification to suit individual requirements
- Provide a background to the various disciplines within SUP paddling and the specific techniques that apply to each
- Understand the different types of Board available, their characteristics and the different techniques used on them
- Understand handling an SUP efficiently.
Delivered over six hours, the Module is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out.
Participants will work towards understanding the core skills, whilst building specific techniques to aid the enjoyment, fun and progress their skills using an SUP.
Shropshire Area; Depending on water/Wind Levels on the day, I like to try and do something different where possabile
1 Day Training & assessment: £ 90
Group Prices available
Course fees do not cover any Certification or additional fees that may be incurred, eg. Parking or access fees,
A course can be run on a dates that suits you, please get in touch with dates or timeframe